||The Senior Software Engineer designs, builds, and maintains software components of the InteGreat Electronic Health Record and Practice Management products.Works as the technical lead on feature teams composed of representatives from product management, quality assurance, database administration, and other software developers.This role also works to mentor Software Engineers.
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of MED3OOO.
- Adheres to the MED3OOO HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Works independently or with other developers, product managers and QA staff to define requirements, code and test new applications
- Designs, writes and maintains application modules using established application framework
- Develops technical specifications
- Works on improving the application framework
- Develops new web and client server applications and utilities
- Provides technical expertise on application workflows
- Automates unit testing procedures
- Troubleshoots and resolves software defects; responds to production issues in a timely manner
- Participates in code reviews and testing as needed
- Participates in prototyping and proof of concept sessions
- Maintains his/her development environment
- Defines and follows best practices/processes and mentors others as needed
- May interact with clients
- Occasional Travel will be required.
- Education: BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience:5+years experience in software development/maintenance.
- Certification/Licensure: Microsoft certified preferred.
- Personal skills:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (English) are a must.
- Willing to participate as a technical representative in customer facing or internal meetings when the situation requires.
- Applicant must be able to produce accurate estimates and meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills;ability to troubleshoot problems and ask the right questions based on the facts provided
- Comfortable working with representatives from product management and customer support to drive out requirements
- Must take pride in work - attention to quality, completeness and detail are a must
- Must enjoy working in a geographically distributed team based environment; works well as part of a team and individually
- Strong initiative for gaining in-depth experience in areas of technology relevant tocompany products.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing needs of a project.
- Very strong or expert level skill with the following technologies is required:
- Agile Development
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0+
- Visual Basic
- Web Services
- SQL (SQL Server 2005 and 2008)
- Visual Studio 2008 or newer
- The following skills are desired, but not required:
- Experience with Electronic Health Record and / or Practice Management systems
- General knowledge of the healthcare industry
- General familiarity with EDI
- VS Unit or other unit testing framework
||February 20, 2013